Wednesday, March 26, 2008
If you were a song:
1. Under what category of music would you fall?
2. Would you be a fast song or a slow song?
3. Could you be danced to?
4. Would you be upbeat or melancholy?
5. Would you be heard best live or recorded?
6. Would your strong suit be your lyrics or your melody?
7. Would your sound be atonal or harmonious?
8. Is there any doo-wop in you?
9. Would you need backup singers?
10. How long would you be?
11. Would the guitar, piano, drums, or horns best accentuate you?
12. Would you make your listeners laugh, cry, or kiss their dance partners?
TWISTED LINGUISTICS takes a whack at these Words Gone Wild today:
employeed - Describes a company that is overrun with paid personnel.
ocured - Irish OCD patient whose problem has been fixed.
indiscression - He was injured "in this crash on" the highway, as overheard in the Bronx.
excelant - An ant who can do spreadsheets using a Microsoft product.
waistful - Being mindful of one's mid-section when deciding what to eat.
justifey - He's not crazy, just a little other-worldly.
ariabs - Arabic opera singers.
You guys take a crack at these, okay?