Friday, June 23, 2023

When You See Red...


When some people see red flags, they think “Oh boy, a carnival!” Others run. I'm one of the others, because my brain functions somewhat normally. Life is already a funhouse. Why exacerbate it?

Sometimes I wonder if some of the folks who ignore red flags are secret masochists. They must know better. Surely, a lifetime of school, church, and life experience might have taught them something, like how to recognize red flags. Beats me how they not only can't see them but oftentimes flock to embrace them. I just hope I never become blind enough and deaf enough and brain-dead enough to no longer see and pay attention to huge red flags waving right in front of me.

In these times, to ignore blatant red flags could very well mean the difference between life and death – on a huge scale. As long as I remain in possession of my faculties, I'll be running the other way. Who wants to live in a carnival, with clowns and hucksters and shady carnies? Not I.



2 comments:

Renegade said...

Thank you for this.

Serena said...

You're welcome, Renegade. Thanks for stopping by my blog.