Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Us v. The Universe


Some days I find myself saying I give up, I concede, let the Universe do what it will with me. Other days I say heck no, I'm not giving in to any old Cosmos. I have a backbone and a brain that works reasonably well. Well, most of the time. Sometimes. In any event, whatever problem I'm having, I know I'll figure it out and come out on top of it. I'm an optimist. But I'm also a pragmatist. To me, everything goes either up or down, forward or backward, onward or sideways, right or wrong. Gray areas don't always count for much. Either do it, or don't. But if you do it, do it right.

Some day, there may come a problem that none of us can circumvent. I don't know what we'll do then, other than face it, tackle it, and see what happens. The human spirit is strong, but is it a match for the Universe? We'll just have to see.

C'est la vie.

 

No comments: