Monday, June 05, 2023

DIY Therapy


 

Why am I blogging again after such a long hiatus? I've always found writing to be somewhat cathartic and/or therapeutic. Things occur to me. All the time, often at the most inopportune times. So what's the thing to do? Write it down.

Of course, I'm just talking to myself. I know that. Still, better to put things down on a page than to have them rolling around in my head and keeping me awake at night. Who knows, perhaps something I have to say will strike a chord with someone else, cause them to smile, or cuss, or say “Oh, yeah.”

So, what am I talking to myself about today? Not a lot. Mundane stuff, like stop procrastinating and make the appointment for your overdue eye exam. Stop fantasizing about choking the neighbor man every time he says something idiotic. Go to bed earlier; nothing good happens in the wee hours. Stop dwelling on poor decisions you made 40 years ago. Whatever happened to the guy I dated when I was 25? Like that.

But I just might have something more interesting to talk to myself about some other day.

And now I bid a

fond adieu until I speak

with me tomorrow.




No comments: