Monday, June 01, 2009
I Don't Disbelieve...
- I know (sort of) that things sometimes happen for no apparent reason.
- I know (for a fact) that sometimes when it appears there is every reason for a thing to happen, it doesn't.
- I know (or at least try to believe) that everything happens exactly as it is supposed to happen.
- Fat-free ice cream isn't really all that fat-free and will still attach itself to your butt if you eat too much, won't it? Oh, I really don't want to believe that.
- I know that thought is energy and, therefore, there is much to be said for will power. Isn't there?
- If the above statement is true, however, how come it doesn't always work? Should not consistency also be a Rule? If I were in charge, it would be!
- I believe (for sure) that whatever is sowed will be reaped. Why does it not always occur in this lifetime, though? Where is the justice in that?
- I believe that he who dies with the most stuff is still dead. Yep, that's a fact.
- I believe today, more so than on a number of previous Mondays, that Mondays should be banned on general principle. You just wait 'til I'm in charge!
- I believe that birthdays can be good things (because I can talk myself into anything) as long as we keep numbers out of them.
- I believe that many geniuses were believed by their contemporaries to be insane, that many insane people are believed to be geniuses by those who know no better, and that there are many morons running around in the world. Absolute truth!
- I believe (strongly) that there must be a better way of doing most things. The problem lies in figuring out the mechanics of putting it into action.
What do you believe today?