Thursday, July 10, 2008
The Thursday Q & A
Of course, it's way too early, but I swear it feels like a full moon out. I had that migraine Monday. Tuesday was like Hell Day at the office. We had problems wrapped up in crises tied up with emergencies to deal with all day long. With a few phone calls and a little finagling, I finally got the last one of those all tidied up yesterday. I think.
And would you like to know how my day began yesterday? The dog peed on the floor and, while I was mopping that up, the power went out. That necessitated my having to position a flashlight and a few "push" lights that still had working batteries around the bathroom so I could get ready for work. Luckily, the power came back on after about half an hour, so I did get to see what I looked like before I left home. I'd have hated to be surprised when I got to the office. On the way to work, traffic was backed up in my neighborhood and it took forever to get to the intersection where I get onto the main road. When I got there, I found a barricade and "road closed" sign and had to detour. That added five or six minutes to my commute. Luckily, I had no real crises to deal with once I got to work.
Within minutes of my arriving home last evening, a humongous thunderstorm descended upon the valley. A lot of people lost power, but not me, neener-neener.
Today, I brought doughnuts for my co-workers. We damn well deserve a sugar high.
So, what I want to know from you today is:
1. How well did your pet do at potty training? (a) Genius - never pees on the floor; (b) average - pees outside more than inside; or (c) idiot - will grab every opportunity to pee on the floor instead of in the yard.
2. When was the last time your power went out?
3. Do you have a contingency plan for power outages? If so, what is it?
4. When was the last time you had to take a detour?
5. Have you ever gotten lost detouring?
6. Do you think the next full moon (the 18th, kids) is gearing up to be a humdinger?
Today's TWISTED LINGUISTICS blasfomys look like this:
defected microwave - Even ovens are leaving home these days in search of the American Dream.
very strick on there attendence policy - If you don't come in to that place, they'll strike you with a big stick.
greatess - High Priestess of Goodies.
woderful - Woefully good.
brake the law - Stop that cop!
America need an cleanerout