Friday, January 25, 2008
At Long Last, Friday
I don't have much to say today. I suppose you could say I'm sick and tired. There IS stuff I'm sick and tired of, but what I mean is that I've been sick but still worked all week and now I'm just bone-weary tired. I think that I may not do a single solitary damned thing all weekend except what I damn well want to do. I bought a buttload of books yesterday. I'll probably do them. Everything else can go jump off a cliff. I ain't doing it.
Here's a question I was wondering about. When people comment favorably on sites that could be perceived as in poor taste, trashy, controversial in a non thought-provoking way, or otherwise objectionable, do you think that lends tacit approval to it? What do you guys think?
And while you have your thinking caps on, what do you think about:
- The picture of the "man walking on Mars"
- Britney bolting from the courtroom -- again
- Amy Winehouse on the loose
- Bill & Hillary tag-teaming
- Drew Peterson and his lawyer staging a radio contest to "win a date with Drew." Good God, who in her right mind would want the "prize?"
- The government's newest "balm" plan; i.e., grease everyone's palms with a few bucks in hopes they'll forget about the bigger picture
TGIF and Happy Weekend, people.