"Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog."
1. When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a queen. I didn’t care of what; I just wanted a kingdom to claim. When I played dress-up, I always had a tiara or crown to wear with my long, frilly gowns complemented by a diva boa or mantle and scads of tacky jewelry. The sparklier it was, the better I liked it.
2. I’ve had mumps, measles, chickenpox, and whooping cough. At the time, they were considered normal childhood diseases, not anything life-threatening. They ensured a few days respite from school, and that was about the extent of it.
3. I don't have a particularly forgiving nature. I mean, I'm not going to put a hit out on someone who does something rotten to me, and I won't dwell on it or obsess over it, but I also never quite got why I should excuse it and pretend they're decent people. I tend instead to keep my distance and just wait and see whether they can ever be deemed trustworthy again. I have infinite patience and can wait it out 'til eternity if need be.
4. Sweets are my weakness. There are times when I don't think twice about having a bowl of ice cream for dinner. At least I get the low-cal kind. Otherwise, I'd weigh a ton by now.
5. I love mysteries, detective novels, police procedurals, and thrillers -- the grittier and more hard-boiled, the better. I've never read a "cozy." Violence and blood in the form of the written word don't make me squeamish or keep me awake at night, but I can't see it on a movie screen. I'm still disturbed by images from some of the "slasher" flicks I saw twenty years ago and absolutely refuse to see one now.
6. I love music, everything from Rock to Reggae to Cajun/Zydeco to Folk to Bluegrass to Punk and Grunge. The only exception to my eclectic musical tastes is Country. I can't stand it -- no way, no how. There are a couple of exceptions to my blacklist, like Keith Urban and Dwight Yoakam -- just because I think they're cute. And they can sing. And as long as Dwight keeps his hat on, he's sexy as hell.
7. I adore clothes. And shoes. I adore long, floaty dresses that "twirl" (and short, tight dresses) and vintage (and new) garments adorned with bangles and beads and sequins. I love fluffy, too-big sweaters and pleated pants (and flat-front pants and skinny-leg pants and leggings), and baby-doll blouses and long, loose skirts (and short pleated skirts and flip skirts and denim skirts). Of course, I also like jeans and capris, and I'll wear any and every kind of top with them. I've never had a problem with mixing and matching, and if they don't particularly match, who cares?
8. My brain has no idea how old my body is, and I plan to keep it that way for as long as I can get away with it.
Now, then, the rules stipulate that I must tag eight of my fellow bloggers. You and I both know, however, how I feel about rules, so I hereby tag all of you. If you want to play, great; and if you don't, it's perfectly fine. If you are going to do it, please leave us a little note to that effect so everyone can come and visit you.
NFH Update: There was no hearing today. Now the plan is to withdraw the previous filing and start all over in about six weeks. This is getting pretty old. I just may tell the plaintiffs they're on their own next time.