Sunday, March 04, 2007
Listing a Little
5 things I hate:
1. Icy cold weather
2. Hateful, mean-spirited people
3. Switching the time back and forth
4. Having to do certain things at set times
5. Having to spend time with people/things when I don't want to
5 things I love:
5. Friendly, good-natured people
5 things I've never done:
1. Sky diving
2. Placed/answered a personal ad
3. Backpacked across Europe
4. Intentional, unprovoked harm to anyone
5. Run for public office
5 sins I've committed:
4. Gossip (not that I really consider that a sin)
5. Swearing (If that one's really a sin, then I am doomed because I can't effing stop)
5 of the stupidest things I've ever done:
1. Went on a midnight picnic at the most dangerous falls in this part of the state
2. Went to a rock festival when I was 5 months pregnant. (The conditions were deplorable but, thank God, there was no harm done.)
3. Blind dates!
4. Trusted people I shouldn't have
5. Failed to trust my instincts and let myself get blindsided a few times
5 things I wish I had done but never did:
1. Learned to fly
2. Gone to graduate school
3. Had more children
4. Married my first love
5. Taken a course in home repair
5 Things I Want To Do Before I Die:
1. Spend a week in Paris
2. Find out where my actual soul-mate has been hiding out all my life
3. Get a novel very nicely published
4. Maybe try the sky diving
5. Make sure I leave some sort of legacy that doesn't embarrass everyone left behind
Is there anything from your own lists you'd care to share?
Today's Twisted Linguistics review
not every book is going to sale - This is technically a true statement. Many books will sell and therefore won't go to the sale table.
happyer - A contented emergency medicine department. Also describes a person who works there; e.g., the Happy ER is staffed by happyers.
negotitate - Throwing up the bad words in a manuscript you contracted to read.
inavertance - A word that may have been included in the original draft of "In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida."
taken an active roll - Someone who enthusiastically indulged in certain illicit activities.