Friday, February 23, 2007

The Tao Of ... Something Or Other




Taoism:

Be bent, and you will remain straight.
Be vacant, and you will remain full.
Be worn, and you will remain new.




I know what you're thinking -- "Huh?" But, doesn't this perhaps say to you (as it does to me) that one should strive to recognize the polar relationship of opposites and view the world from the perspective of the relativity of all things? There is a distinct (and necessary) balance, for example, between good and bad. Like yin and yang, without one, the other cannot exist.

In other words, the ability to play "devil's advocate" is a good thing. Isn't it? Or am I just whistling in the wind? I find it easy (possibly too easy) to play devil's advocate and see both sides of the same story. On the down side, that ability has gotten me into lots of trouble. Still, I think it's desirable to be able to maintain enough objectivity to look at a thing from all angles, even when some of the angles are displeasing to the senses.

I have a lot on my plate right now -- sites to administer, sites to try and keep updated, trying to help a friend with a big publishing problem, and -- working on a new joint venture. Consequently, my brain is just a little bit tired and it is for that reason that I'm turning today's Words Gone Wild over to you guys and giving you free rein to play Twisted Linguistics with them. Define them if you wish. Write a story with them if you want to. The more lists, stories, etc., that turn up, the merrier. Poke them, prod them, vivisect them. Just -- don't hurt them. Too much. There are laws against that and nobody has the time to take a fall for Felonious Fondling of Fractious Words.


I did have a go at these two, which does not preclude your having another go at them.

buton - When you have a case of the ass for someone.

advixe - Sex advice from vixens, usually X-rated.

Double Identedy
dialoge
familes
stikl
analyzations


Apropos of absolutely nothing ... what's your pet name?

What Serena Joy Means

S is for Sugar Lips

E is for Elf

R is for Raspberry Lips

E is for Enchantment

N is for Nut Butter

A is for Adorable

J is for Jailbate

O is for Other Half

Y is for Yummy Kiss

12 comments:

rkfinnell said...

***What Roxan Means***


R is for Rebel

O is for Old Fashioned Love

X is for XOXO

A is for Angel Face

N is for Nookie


The only right one is the R. LOL

Unknown said...

I took my Taoist training from Richard Hoffman and the Tao of Pooh so I do not know how real my version of Taoism is, but I see it as putting ego aside and allowing things to just be what they are. It stresses never losing the ability to always see the world through the eyes of a child.

The words are above me this time. Too good of criminals for me to go after. I think I have let one or two of those lose on my site. I am no hypocrite.

Unknown said...

You got Jailbate, something you want to share with the group? Mine makes no sense so it is correct.

K is for Killer Smile

A is for Angel Face

N is for Nut Butter

R is for Rum Raisin

E is for Elf

I is for Igloo Warmer

Kanrei- the Angel faced igloo warming elf who loves to eat Nut butter rum raisin with the smile of a killer.

Unknown said...

I mean "jailbait."

puerileuwaite said...

Jailbait? But you SAID you were 18!

Serena said...

It sure enough nailed you on that one, Roxan. You ought to have a theme song -- Rebel, Rebel.:)

Kan, I wish I COULD see the world through the eyes of a child. Alas, I'm way too jaded. And listen, no words are above you. Sheesh. What the hell IS nut butter? It's not that tainted peanut butter, is it? I don't think we ought to eat it.

Pugsy, I say a lot of things. It's good enough to say I'm "old enough."

Camille Alexa said...

familes---come in sequence after domiles, remiles, & mimiles, but before somiles, lamiles, and timiles

Lee said...

I'm too tired to think straight tonight, too...my plan is to jump into bed and let the TV lull me into a stupor.

Scary Monster said...

Me understands completely about being both the devil's advocate (Me does advocate many devilish things)and the lack of time to get everything done.
Seeing both sides to a story can leave one in an extremely tough position when you have to choose which side of the fence to stand on. As for time it will always be there until it's not so do things at your own pace and don't fret about the things that ain't got done yet.
STOMPY

Serena said...

Splendid definition, Littlebird.

Lee, I don't even need the TV any more to bring on a stupor. They happen automatically.:)

See, Scary, the Zen of that statement - "Time will always be there until it's not" -- is what keeps me on the straight and narrow path of procrastination. I have sort of a running bet with myself about when it will run out.

Hale McKay said...

buton - a futon only large enough to accomodate one's rear end.

Double Identedy - a cross dresser

stikl- words can't harm me but a stikl smart!

Serena said...

Good ones, Mike. Stikl had me totally stumped, and I wouldn't have made the "futon" connection. LOL.