Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Free Fruitcake(s)

Time Flies Like an Arrow Fruit Flies Like a Banana.


 It’s only Wednesday but it feels like it should be Saturday, maybe even Sunday. Why does this week seem so long? Maybe because we’ve been crazy busy at work – and seemingly running in circles because so many of our clients have suddenly gone crazy. I’ve never seen such a spate of whiny, ill informed, passive-aggressive neediness. One even fired us – because we did exactly what she asked us to. The boss has had me draft snarky letters to some of them this week. He doesn’t send them, though. I think it makes us both feel better to just vent and get it off our chests.  And we managed to unload two of them on other lawyers.  We're not expecting thank-you notes.

Meanwhile, I’m thinking of taking French lessons. I’ll need to know more than yes, no, thank you, and … merde, if I have to move to Canada. Donald Trump is ahead in the political polls. Seriously?! What is wrong with people? I’d rather wear long johns and commune with moose (mooses?) than try to say “President Trump” with a straight face.

2 comments:

Lee said...

I think Trump is dragging out April Fool's Day far too long!

Sorry that I'm late with my comment...I don't know how I missed your post...but I've caught up now. :)

Serena said...

Or perhaps an early Halloween, Lee. Why on earth can't the man at least buy himself a decent hairpiece?:)