Saturday, August 22, 2015

Cool Beans

Awesome Autumn Picture for Myspace

There was a little nip of Fall in the air this morning. It’s so refreshing to wake up to an open window and 58 degrees outside.  Cool!  I’ve just about had it with it being 80 degrees at 11:00 P.M. That’s just not right, and I hope there won’t be any more of it between now and next Summer. The cold front that came through knocked out the ungodly humidity we’ve been dealing with, so it’s shaping up to be a fabulous weekend.

I wish I could go to the beach. I love the ocean and often times find myself simply longing for the sound of the surf and the tangy smell of salt air. Unfortunately, it’s a long trip and I have no one any more to go with me. Of course, my pup has never seen the ocean, and who even knows whether she’d like it, so I guess we’ll just stay home.  For now.

I have errands to run and shopping to do, so I’d best get to it. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

quid said...

Wow, we both logged in THE SAME DAY!! I'm so neglectful. I would love to enjoy a good fall again. Had breakfast on the beach, so some year, we'll trade.

quid

Skunkfeathers said...

A very nice venue for a walk indeed!

Lee said...

I miss the ocean, too, Serena....sometimes I just ache for the smell, the sound...everything about it.

I'd love to be able just to slip out my back door...or front door...and there it was! I used to live like that...a few times. Now I'm aching again just typing about it! :)

Serena said...

Hey, Quid, good to "see" you! Breakfast on the beach sounds like heaven to me. We'll definitely have to trade one year.:)

I don't know where that is, Skunk, but it sure does look like a great place to walk.:)

I lived at the beach once, too, Lee. Who knows, maybe I'll do it again one of these days. You're right, there's nothing like the smell and the sound and the whole ambiance of the ocean.:)