Monday, January 26, 2015

Frozen - for real

Boy, am I glad I’m not in the Northeast tonight. Looks like this blizzard is shaping up to be one for the record books. I suspect the affected areas – and it looks like a huge area – are going to have it pretty rough for the next couple of days. Snow, near hurricane force winds, storm surge, possible thunder and lightning – not a pleasant situation. The storm missed my part of Virginia, thankfully; we’ve just had a little rain today. The wind has kicked up, and the weatherman says 60% chance of snow tonight, but it won’t be anything like up north. If we get snow, it probably won’t be anything to write home about. It's cold, going down to the 20s tonight, but not that bad. All in all, it’s been a pretty mild winter here so far.


Frozen Winter Season Picture


So – drones on the White House lawn. There’s a scary proposition, and don’t you just know there are terrorists out there salivating and drooling over the possibilities. These are scary times, boys and girls.

4 comments:

Skunkfeathers said...

1. There'll be a bill to pay for it I'm sure, but we've been tickling 70 degrees the past two days in Ski Country.

2. Droning in DC happens whenever Bidumb or Psaki speak ;-)

Marion said...

SJ, I'm so happy you're back! And I'm sorry for all that you've been through. I can't imagine the pain of losing your precious love and your Mom. You are a strong & courageous Princess and I know you'll be okay, in time. You're in my thoughts and prayers, girlfriend! Love you lots. Hugs & Blessings! xo

PS: It was 70 degrees here yesterday...like Spring! Crazy weather...

Serena said...

Lucky you, Skunk! There's a hell-wind blowing here today/tonight and it's just downright COLD. Droning - scary any way you look at it.:)

Thank you, Marion. Not to worry, I'm a tough old bird and I'm okay. I am SO envious of your weather right now.:)

Lee said...

You're so right, Serena...these are scary times we're living in. I don't know what the world is coming to...heading towards...but there are too many who thrive on hate, unfortunately. And I really don't understand why.

We're still in the middle of summer down this way...and a storm (rain storm with lots of thunder) has just passed over.

Take good care, Serena. :)