Friday, February 15, 2013

The Friday Thingonmyblog

I've been a total slacker about blogging lately. The new job is keeping me so busy that I come home and practically vegetate. There's a lot of work in areas I have very little experience in, so I'm learning all the time. We hired three college girls who work rotating schedules to "help" me, but they're kind of on a continuing learning curve. Oh, and we got Windows 8 last week. It's awful, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone I care about. It's taken me all week to get used to it, and I still find it awkward.

There's been a lot going on in the world, too. It went by in pretty much a blur, but I know stuff happened.

I'm off at noon today, and thank God for that. Happy belated Valentine's Day, and TGIF! 


You Are a Dollar Sign Heart
You aren't a gold digger, and you don't believe love can be bought. You simply think love is the most enriching thing ever.
You could be dead broke, but as long as you had love, you'd be set. And all the money in the world couldn't make up for being loveless.

Your ideal Valentine puts relationships first in life. You want a partner who sees love as a priority.
You know that a good relationship takes work, and you're okay with that. You're one of the few who views that part of love as fun.

Your ideal Valentine's Day is the complete romantic package, preferably with someone you've already committed to.
You don't mind taking the lead and planning for something your partner will enjoy. You really love to play up the romance on this day.

7 comments:

Lee said...

It's good that you're busy, Serena - you seem to be learning so much and it sounds interesting.

Many have said Windows 8 is terrible...I'm staying away from it as long as I can.

I hope you had a nice Valentine's Day, too! :)

Serena said...

Yep, busy and pretty interesting, Lee. Definitely avoid Windows 8; I am NOT a fan. Valentine's Day was great, hope yours was, too.:)

Skunkfeathers said...

I only have four windows. No room for 8 ;-)

G-Man said...

SHERRY!!!!!
Wake up Girl!!!!!!!!

Serena said...

You're not missing anything, Skunk.:)

I know, Mr. G-man. I just haven't been ... in the mood. Nothing much to say, you know?:)

quid said...

Miss you Serena. Glad about the new job, tho. Hate Windows 8!!!!!

Serena said...

Thanks, Quid. One of these days, I'm actually going to write a blog post again. Probably not tomorrow.:)