Friday, October 26, 2012

The Friday Thingonmyblog

What do you get when a tropical storm meets a winter storm? A hybrid storm, apparently -- or Frankenstorm, as the press has dubbed it. The weather mavens say whatever this thing turns out to be, it'll affect the East coast over the next few days. It's been in the 80s here this week, and now they're telling us we might get snow out of this weird storm.  What?!  Please say it ain't so!

I read a lot of free Kindle books. Most of them are pretty good, albeit some of them could benefit from a decent editor. Others, however, are just a big, huge, self-published mess. Why on earth someone who can barely spell his/her own name decides he/she is going to (self) proclaim him/herself a writer is beyond me.

It's been a long, strange week. And now it's over. Really. My calendar confirms that it is, indeed, Friday, and TGIF! Take your quiz and go have a great weekend. My results are actually fairly spot on for a change. Imagine that! 

You Are Cool and Collected
You are down to earth and facts oriented. It's difficult to get you too worked up.
Emotions hold little sway for you. You prefer to use logic and reason.

There isn't much you're afraid of. If you're afraid of something, it's likely you don't understand it.
You try not to make too much of a fuss. You believe that drama just makes everyone else worse off.

7 comments:

Marion said...

SJ, stay safe through the Frankenstorm. Talk about a cruel Halloween trick from Mother Nature. OY! Have a good weekend and hunker down!! xo

I Am Complex and Deep

You are a bit of a contradiction. It's hard to label you or sum you up easily. You have many interesting layers to your personality... and some of them you keep completely to yourself.

You are open to change, and it's likely that your life has gone through many phases already. You don't expect anyone else to understand you. You're still trying to understand yourself!

G-Man said...

You should edit...You edit good!

You are Cool and HOT!

Have a relaxed Week-End Sweetie...G

Serena said...

I don't think anybody knows what Frankenstorm's going to do -- or where -- but I'll be careful, Marion. Just to be on the safe side, I'm going to run out and get some batteries tomorrow. Love your quiz results, girlie!
xo

If only I could find somebody who'd pay me to edit, Mr. G-man, that would be perfect. Never fear, I plan to have as relaxed a weekend as possible.:)

Lee said...

We'll accept, willingly, any spare rain you may have. It's so very dry here at present...bush fires raging everywhere. A volatile situation.

The amount of people who can't spell correctly never ceases to amaze (and annoy) me. I hate it!!!!

Serena said...

It was a dry summer here, too, Lee. Nothing like what you're experiencing, though. If we get a lot of rain and I can figure out how to divert it your way, I'll do it!:)

quid said...


Serena... looks like a terrible storm; I've been hoping the spaghetti will eventually lean to the right so it goes out into the ocean.

Here's my blogthing results... oddly, I think this one got Marion, you and me, all right!


You Are Welcoming & Optimistic

You are free spirited and warm hearted. You expect the best in your life.
You find it easy to make friends. You count on people and want them to count on you in return.

You open your home and heart up to anyone. You're always willing to help someone out in need.
You see the best in people, and all you can hope is that they'll see the best in you too.

Serena said...

Lord only knows what the spaghetti's going to do, Quid, but my guess is it's going to hit fast and furious somewhere. I agree with your assessment of the quiz results. How weird is it that it took a Haunted House quiz to peg the 3 of us so well?:)