Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Today's meme is, shall we say, experimental. Perhaps we'll call it a "spec meme." Take a look at it and do with it as you will.
Which of these statements do you consider most true?
1. (a)Nothing is ever what it seems.
(b)Everything is always exactly what it seems.
2. (a) I don't know why these things always happen to me.
(b) Everything always happens exactly as it is supposed to happen.
3. (a) My luck sucks and nothing ever goes my way.
(b) I make my own luck and if it sucks, it's my own fault.
4. (a) I can't get into the holiday spirit.
(b) I AM holiday spirit.
5. (a) They have a pile of manure in the yard; they must have a pony.
(b) Just because there's a pile of manure in the yard doesn't mean they have a pony.
6. (a) I think; therefore, I am.
(b) I am; therefore, I think.
7. (a) Less is more.
(b) Sometimes more is more, honey.
8. (a) People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
(b) People who get stoned shouldn't live in glass houses.
9. (a) "Waaaaaaah! Look what he/she did to me!"
(b) "Duhhhhhhh! Why'd I let him/her do that to me and what can I do about it?"
10. (a) I can't. I don't know how.
(b) I know there's a way and I know I can figure it out.
You know what? I saw a picture of a male model with better cleavage than I have. That was rather distressing.
Some of the Google search terms I've seen this week that made me giggle:
evil elf gifts
bitches in training
dirty minded quiz
how to write a suicide note
TWISTED LINGUISTICS rounded up these Words Gone Wild today. Since it's Christmas, maybe we should give the ruffians a pass. Maybe not.
multy task - Dirty work involving cleaning up mold, molt, must, and mule droppings.
stero - A new kind of rotgut liquor.
blizard - How you feel after you drink the stero.
unavalable - Whatever kind of babble avalable is, it ain't happening.