Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Independence Day











Wishing you a happy 4th of July.











TWISTED LINGUISTICS doesn't rest on holidays. Noooooo! They're out there cruising the mean streets and dark alleys, always on the lookout for the Words Gone Wild that menace society.

dragging my shopping cart through the isles - The island vacation would have been much better had they gone by boat.

stufpid - This is an obscenity with sexual connotations.

relaxe - Not a fake axe.

From that one and only "editor," the one I am so dying to pay some money to:

Loys of that here - Loys. Loys. I have no clue. You?

cowardess - Unless I miss my guess, this refers to a female coward.

Not any eviler
Which fool do we want to be lead by?
nation we use to be

Bring all our solders home - The pipes need soldering. Get them boys that know how to do it home!


And rounded up by the eagle-eyed Roxan:

fund my growning business (a real growner)
I need to inherent some money. (I guess we all have an inherent need for money)
reposetion my fiance had (I wouldn't be talking about positions and fiancés/fiancées in public)
I only need 3500 dollars for a downpaymet (If he met the payment, problem solved)






Your Life Is Worth...


$801,000


24 comments:

Scary Monster said...

Me can't find the gumption to take that test. Me don't want to know the answer. OK, Me will take the test after me be through with writing this, but won't tell you what me worth.

Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday to you.
Happy birth... OK you can finish the rest yerself...

STOMPY.

Serena said...

Dude. Gumption is not a problem for brave and scary monsters. Take the test!:-)

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July!
Let's declare a new Indepedence day and be free again.

Your Life Is Worth...

$465,500
I'm gonna go cash this in as soon as the bank opens tomorrow.
No penalties I hope.:)
tc

Serena said...

Happy 4th, TC. Whatcha gonna do with all that cash?:-)

tfg said...

It said my life was worth 3.72 lbs of belly button lint. Obviously, I don't agree. I think 5 lbs is far more accurate.

Anonymous said...

$803,500.

I wonder what the warts are worth on their own...

Serena said...

5 pounds is pretty good, T. Dig deeper, though, and I'll bet you can find more.:-)

Wow, Seeley, you're worth a lot. Warts, alas, must take the test separately.

Trée said...

Happy 4th S!

Serena said...

Happy 4th you, Trée.

Serena said...

Obviously, that should have read TO you. My fingers are a bit brain-dead.:)

puerileuwaite said...

My bookie says my life is worth nothing if I don't pay him the 5-large by next Friday. I probably should get a 2nd opinion.

Charles said...

SJ,
Congratulations, you've been nominated for an award. See my blog for more.

Serena said...

Puggy, forget the second opinion. Just pay the man. I'd hate to see my favorite Stud Pug offed.

Charles! Thank you! I'm just reveling in my Dudette status. It's an honor to get to hang with all you Dudes.:)

robkroese said...

Happy Independence Day, Serena Joy!

Serena said...

And a happy Independence Day to you, too, Diesel.

Camille Alexa said...

I'm staying off the mean streets and out of the dark alleys. Wouldn't want to twist any linguals.

Happy 4 of J, Serena Joy!

Serena said...

Good idea, LBB. Those twisted linguals are really hard to treat.

Happy 4 of J to you, too, dear Littlebird.

ThatGreenyFlower said...

I'm not worth much. I guess it's because I'm smart and I have a few moles.

Happy 4th to all, and to all a big bang.

ThatGreenyFlower said...

Ok, that's weird--my "life value" went up a substantial amount when I said I'd be willing to commit a felony for a good reason. Ok, weird.

Charles said...

$643,500 is the supposed worth of my life. I find this comforting and reassuring, since both my blog's worth and my body's total less than $8K.
Happy 4th, I forgot to wish you earlier.

Serena said...

Greeny, I don't know why willingness to commit a felony should increase our value, but it did. I told it I would, too. And I would, actually. If I had to, for a good enough reason.

Charles, why are your blog & body worth only $8k combined? I'd scratch that figure and go with the $643k.:)

Happy 4th to Greeny & Charles.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

belated well wishes.

please do not shoot this brit though!

Lee said...

I hope you enjoyed your Independence Day celebrations, Serena and I hope it went of with a burst of fireworks...good fireworks!

Serena said...

Thanks, CJ and Lee. Not to worry, CJ -- I don't allow any shooting before noon around here. Somebody might accidentally shoot a chicken every now and then, but they're never Brits.:-)