(e-) Valentines have been slowly trickling into my in-box for a couple of days now. Some have made me giggle, some have had me wondering, “Huh?” Alas, none have sizzled all that much, or melted me into malleable putty, or rocked my world to its foundations. Ah, well, there’s still time.
Some Valentine’s Day Superstitions Y
One very old St. Valentine’s superstition holds that the kind of bird a girl sees on Valentine's Day predicts her future husband.
Sparrow: A poor man
Owl: She will remain a spinster
Bluebird: A happy man
Blackbird: A priest or clergyman
Crossbill: An argumentative man
Moral: Avoid birds (and the Alfred Hitchcock film of the same name) on Valentine’s Day.
• To find out how many children you’ll have, cut an apple in half. The number of seeds found inside predicts the number of children. (Could this have anything to do with that Eve thing?)
• To be awakened by a kiss on Valentine's Day is considered lucky. (Well, duh.)
• Ladies, the first guy's name you read in the paper on Valentine’s Day -- or hear on the TV or radio -- will be the name of the man you will marry. (God forbid; I think it was Dick Cheney this morning.)
• If you see a squirrel on Valentine's Day, you will marry a cheapskate who will hoard all your money. (Wouldn’t you know my back yard is full of squirrels.)
• If you see a goldfinch on Valentine's Day, you will marry a millionaire. (I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of those.)
• If you see a robin on Valentine's Day, you will marry a crime fighter. (Batman? Superman? Wonder Woman?)
• If you see a flock of doves on Valentine's Day, you will have a happy, peaceful marriage. (Now I know why I lament the lack of doves around here.)
• If you find a glove on the road on Valentine's Day, your future beloved will have the other missing glove. (And he’s probably a prison inmate.)
Words Gone Wild got into the chocolates and puked all night so they won’t be making Valentines today. Twisted Linguistics will see what they can do with them.
theymself - Someone with Multiple Personality Disorder.
consulit – Politically-neutral structure built on your home country's turf where you can go to consult a literary agent.
separames - 1960s girl group, now broken up, known for such hits as 'Baby Love' and 'You Can't Hurry Love.'
sugar-kettles in suru - Um, sweet girls in saris?
disgruntled to the starch-like shafts - Maybe unsatisfied boys, but we ain't touching that.
it shouke me - And left me all shouke up.
impossibilise - To turn a situation into such a mess there's no way in hell to resolve it.
simulat - Imitate THAT!
Are you a good kisser?
|Your Kissing Technique Is: Perfect|
Your kissing technique is amazing - and you know it.
You have the confidence to make the first move.
And you always seem to know what kissing style is going to work best.
Sometimes you're passionate, sometimes you're a tease. And you're always amazing!
I stand by my assertion that these quizzes lie their asses off. I kissed my dog this morning and she wasn't all that impressed.