Sunday, December 17, 2006

Voulez-vous Poulet



Though supplies are dwindling, all the stores have Christmas sweaters and sweatshirts. But ... what about Christmas tee-shirts? I don't think I've ever seen one. And this year, I need one. It won't get cold. I'm serious. It's been cold, but then it warmed up again. And the heat stayed. It was 70 yesterday, and today, and will be again tomorrow. We're due for a "cold snap" by Christmas -- to the 50s. That's not cold! Not that I'm complaining. This balmy weather is warding off monster heating bills. I want to wear my Christmas sweaters without breaking out in a sweat, though.

In light of my newfound affinity for chicken chucking, someone sent me this fowl recipe.

BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN
6-7 lb. Chicken
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is good.)
1 cup uncooked popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT)
Salt/pepper to taste
______________________

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush chicken well with melted butter, salt, and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven. Listen for the popping sounds. When the chicken's ass blows the oven door open and the chicken flies across the room, it's done.


Today's Words Gone Wild in the Twisted Linguistics lineup:

analize - Thinking about kicking someone's butt.

deluted - When someone has been deprived of his lute.

permenantly - A smell that lasts forever.

novelity - A light, flash-in-the-pan novel; read it once and toss it.

strong vibs - The part of the body to exercise when your abs are hopeless.

roylaty - Payments which are better made late than never.



You Should Spend the Holidays In

France - where "Pere Noel" fills your shoes full of toes

6 comments:

Unknown said...

One word for X-mas tees-
F-L-O-R-I-D-A

What is a "sweatshirt"? You wear a specific shirt to sweat? Every shirt in here is one of those.

Serena said...

Smartass.:) {sticks tongue out and runs}

Rex Zeitgeist said...

You Should Spend the Holidays In

Japan - where it's traditional to eat KFC for Christmas Dinner. Seriously!

I couldn't do France...been there, done that....wouldn't ever go back....

Serena said...

My chances of spending the holidays in France are precisely zero. LOL.

I did NOT know that KFC was so big in Japan.:)

Anonymous said...

I can attest to having a collection of Christmas tee-shirts.

Because, I am in

FLORIDA!

(ps - I also have a denim Christmas jacket to wear over my Christmas T-shirts when it gets into the 40's and 50's....as it did.)(pss - and we had rain).

Love, Quid

Serena said...

LOL, Quid. If it does this heat thing at Xmas next year, I'm going to send you a check and get you to buy me a Xmas tee-shirt.

We had rain, too, which did make it feel pretty Christmassy-cold. Finally.