Saturday, December 02, 2006

Lindsay & Anna Nicole - Strickly Leagl

*Note: I haven't been able to post 'til now because all I was getting was a blank Blogger form with no editing options. I went cruising for help and someone said to try Control+f5. Luckily, it worked and I got my options back. But ... that wasn't the last of the problems. It took nearly an hour to get the stupid *&$%head to "Preview" and/or "Publish." And it never did "Preview." Don't you just love Blogger?

I bitched and moaned yesterday about being hot. Today it's more than 20 degrees cooler. I liked hot better.

I went looking for some kind of different meme or quiz, and came up with this one. It doesn't "do" anything, and I'm not even sure what the point is. I suppose, however, that if enough of you post your results in the Comments section, we might eventually get a short little story of fair to middling interest.

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in Comments section, and/or put your results and these instructions for your readers in your own blogs.
5. Don't search around and look for the "coolest" book you can find. Do what’s actually next to you.

The book at my fingertips was Jan Burke's "Bloodlines." The fifth sentence on page 123 reads as follows:

"O'Connor looked back and saw Auburn watching them from the front porch."

Are you bored enough to want to play around with your user name? I was. And did.


SSpecial
EEarthy
RRelaxing
EEdgy
NNaughty
AAdventurous
JJudicial
OOdd
YYucky

Name / Username:


Name Acronym Generator
From Go-Quiz.com

Oh, my goodness. Lindsay Lohan made the "news" for writing a rambling, disjointed, horrendously spelled and worded e-mail on the occasion of director Robert Altman's death. She closed it with, "BE ADEQUITE." Nuff said. Well, except that the girl seems to have what it takes to become a PublishAmerica author.

Speaking of lightweights in the "news," there's more Blonde News. It seems that Anna Nicole Smith informed her erstwhile landlord, with whom she had a "brief relationship," that he was her baby's daddy, whereupon he up and evicted her post haste from her Bahamas digs -- rendering her "homeless." One can't help but wonder what Howard Stern, the last-named putative father, thinks of this development. Oh, and that's not even the biggest Anna Nicole news. She also announced that she's pregnant again. I don't even know what to say about that. Nothing good, that's for sure. And probably not even anything printable.



Serena Joy Highway
Dumpsville4
Confusion Lane15
Loony-Bin Lane65
Lake Love107
Contentment Meadows549
Please Drive Carefully
Username:


Where are you on the highway of life?

From Go-Quiz.com



We found these Words Gone Wild today, teetering on the edge of consciousness, barely coherent. We rushed them to the Word Rehab ER, where we were able to get a few mumblings out of them regarding who they are, where they came from, and what they do. I just don't know. What do you think? Will they live? Should they live?

stricked rules - That's that rule about striking somebody upside the head. Unfortunately, it was flouted. Again.

strickly by the book - Luckily, both the rule and the book were struck down.

delima - What a toddler says about a large, light green bean his mother is trying to make him eat.

starng - Imaginary stairs on the starboard side of an imaginary yacht.

looks arn't everything - No, but they help when one has no smarts.

languir - A lost medieval alphabet.

em is leagl - 'Em might be legal, but 'at ain't.

de-anochrionising - The act of taking back an unsanctioned christening.

cumpulsivnesses - Good Lord! Somebody needs to stop that before they go blind.

sort of fepends - A type of disposable underwear that really wasn't designed for males.

fiegn ignorance - Better than poor ignorance.

niether happiness nore sadness - Can describe the way the neurons are firing in this person's brain. It would, however, make a nice noir short story.

tast - A task which involves tasting food before the queen eats it.

nieghborhhod - Nay, there is no basket for the coal nigh and we shall all freeze.

do to circumstances beyond our control - We've been reading this ad nauseam but are now due for a break from that certain printer where this usage is commonplace.

12 comments:

Rex Zeitgeist said...

R Rounded
E Eccentric
X X-Rated
Z Zonked
E Explosive
I Industrious
T Talented
G Glitzy
E Elitist
I Ideal
S Stunning
T Twisted

Rex Zeitgeist said...

. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in Comments section, and/or put your results and these instructions for your readers in your own blogs.
5. Don't search around and look for the "coolest" book you can find. Do what’s actually next to you


Ok, the 'Dictionary of Cults, Sects, Relgions, and the Occult'


pg. 123, 5th sentence - Yet at the same time the council declared the following with respect to the church;

Serena said...

Glitzy, twisted, zonked. Mmm-hmm. No wonder we get along so well. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Serena, thanks a million for the solution to posting.

rkfinnell said...

Other scouts and scout leaders will doubtless be interested in the events at Jackson Hole
-Page 123 line 5 of How To Write Attention Grabbing Query & Cover Letters.

rkfinnell said...

R Radical
O Old
X X-Rated
A Altruistic
N Neat

Stupid thing insulted me!! LOL

Rain said...

I can't stop wondering what kind of father evicts his baby and baby mama from his house. where is the love?

Serena said...

No problem, Steve. I don't know why now all of a sudden we should have to do that, but it worked so I'm not arguing with it.

Dang, Roxan, that thing insulted you, too. I was pretty insulted by my "yucky." Conclusion: the "thing" is an idiot.:)

You have a point, Rain. If the guy really was her baby daddy, what a heartless, no-class thing to do.

Liz Hinds said...

L Legendary
I Intense
Z Zany (what else could it be?)

My husband liked his women pretty and compliant.

(Crowded Marriage by Catherine Alliott)

Serena said...

Wow, Liz -- you got legendary.:)

Great quote! I'm sure most men would love that last word. I say they ought to be happy with the "pretty" and not push their luck.

astrologymemphis.blogspot.com said...

L Lazy
E Eccentric
S Silent
I Insane
A Astounding

That's amazing. It's so me. I know you're wondering about the silent part - I write a lot. I speak very little.

Page 123, fifth sentence of The Last Girls by Lee Smith:

"Supercat," she announced.

Serena said...

I speak as little as I can get away with, too, Lesia.

I like Lee Smith a lot; can't remember whether I've read that title.