Tuesday, January 02, 2024

Voodoo 101

 

I'm thinking about taking up Voodoo, and I need a primer. First things first, I guess. Like, where do you get the dolls? Is there a supply house somewhere in the country, while we still have a country? And how about those pins? Do they have to be sterling silver or can you use plain old stainless steel? Do you stick it in gently, or do you jab that sucker like it has a name and you mean business?

Are you supposed to say anything when you stick the doll? What are the words? Is there a book for that? Would Google know? Maybe there's a Voodoo for Dummies book at Amazon. I'll have to look.

I need to get started on this project fairly soon. I believe it's rather time-critical. I just hope I don't screw up and turn myself into a jackass or something and start cavorting around spouting gibberish. That would suck.


No comments: