Friday, December 08, 2023

Hustle and Bustle

Here in Virginia, we keep flipping back and forth from fall to winter. One recent day it was 81 degrees. 2 days later it was 40. That's a shock to the system. And the time flipped back from DST. I hate that. It takes a while for my inner clock to adjust, and it's not there yet.

We're expecting some sort of possibly severe storm this weekend. That could get dicey. I learned my lesson when the power went out for nearly 2 days last Christmas. I'm always prepared now. And I won't freeze, as temps are in the 50s and 60s. Nothing like last year's 1 degree and 50 mph winds!

It's a busy time of year even with nothing else going on. There's still shopping to do, items to procure, stuff to mail, stuff to decorate. And, of course, the mundane waits for no one; still has to be done. Christmas is coming up fast. I have got to get my cards done and out. No houseguests are expected this year, so at least I don't have to go through the ritual of deep cleaning. There's a lot to be said for that.

And … my neighbors continue to amuse and bemuse.

Whichever holidays you celebrate, I wish you happy ones!

 

No comments: