I said I wouldn't do it, but it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind; et voila, I made New Year's Resolutions.
1. If it doesn't run from me, I will eat it.
2. I won't press my luck and break any bad habits. Why mess up a good thing?
3. 4 is a good number. It's been 4 years since that embarrassing book thing. 4 + 4 is 8, and it's now 2008. Yeah, it's time that I get busy again.
4. I'm not getting any younger, so I might as well try developing a taste for tequila shots now.
5. I will resolve to eat more flavors of ice cream -- and I won't skimp on the toppings.
6. I will try informing the dog one more time that I'm the Alpha female around here and, as such, am entitled to the majority of the bed space, more covers, the entire driver's seat in my car, the right to eat a plate of food without being guilted out of it by begging eyes, and deserve at least 1/4 of the couch.
7. I will be kind to assholes. Not!
8. I will start acting more my age -- someday; not this year.
9. I will stop making frivolous purchases, just like I'll start paying more attention to my U.S. mail than I do to my e-mail. Mmm-hmm.
10. I will give up chocolate -- along with water, air, coffee, food, Zantac, my computer, my car, and e-mail.
I guess they aren't so much resolutions as little daily reminders I'm pretty sure I can
I hope you had a wonderful New Year's Eve and are enjoying some down time today.
Since it's not only New Year's Day but also Tuesday and, perforce, Pimp Me Some Poetry Day, I'd like rhyming verses, please, on -- New Year's Resolutions. Let's just run the subject into the ground and have done with it once and for all, why don't we?