Wednesday, October 18, 2006

"Blood-curdling..." -- Part 20


"I suppose," Devorah conceded. "But -- you have no idea at all what to expect?"

"I know not," Haggis said with a scowl. "And I care not. With Dedman for a father, anything is possible."

"Well," Devorah sighed. "I suppose. Honestly, Haggis -- even I, childless for 500 years, know more about nurturing than do you. So yes, we have a deal. I will raise your child. You will return here with the egg -- in fact, bring me all of them for I cannot bear to think of the likes of you raising a whole passel of innocent children -- and then we will do our business."

"You will make me a human woman again?"

"I will," Devorah promised.

"Will you make me beautiful?"

"Haggis, I said I would turn you back into a reasonable facsimile of a female. I never said I was a miracle worker."

6 comments:

Steve G said...

Reading the story reminds me I have to buy a pumpkin. Did it last year, carved it, and put it on the front window. Suprisingly, Germans are starting to get into Halloween. I guess being one of the few in the area that gives out sweets, they'll be back this year.

Serena Joy said...

Oh, yeah, if you have candy, they will come. So Halloween is something that hasn't been widely celebrated in Germany? You'll have to carve a pumpkin and put on a costume to hand out treats so the kids will get the full effect.

RexZeitgiest said...

I am still thinking Dedman is going to make a suprise reappearence....

Serena Joy said...

ANYthing could happen. Some diabolical minds thought up this story after all.

Anonymous said...

I don't want those kids raised at all. Haggis is evil and should not live on after death.

Serena Joy said...

And here I thought you were developing a thing for her. LOL. Who knows, the kiddies, if they live and Devorah raises them right, might turn out okay.