Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Brain-blank

I started to write something on one topic. Then I thought, "Nah, that's too light." I began a piece on a different subject, but that wasn't working, either; too dark. Then I sat and tried (fruitlessly) to think about something altogether different, just the right sepia-toned blend of light and dark. Nada. It just ain't gonna happen.

My mind is a perfect blank. Well, okay, it's far from perfect. I'd like to say it's a blank canvas, or a blank slate, just sitting there waiting to receive some creativity. Fact is, right now it's just a plain old blank.

Oh, well; been there, done that. It's not the first time, and it won't be the last. Today I have the dreaded Writer's Block.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

(The more things change, the more they remain the same.)

The Word Patrol did manage to beat the heat and capture a few Words Gone Wild today.

preceed -- I think this is some humidity-induced anomaly.

renouned author -- An author who recycles old, worn-out nouns.

devine intervention -- Stopping a gardener from ripping out kudzu and poison ivy.

forth coming -- Coming through backwards.

mis-understood -- An unmarried advice columnist.

pail complexion -- A complexion so bad that it necessitates wearing a bucket over the head.

No comments: