Tuesday, May 08, 2012

As Long As I'm Invisible to Zombies...

You can't see me. I'm invisible - Images and <span class=gifs for social networks" border="0">


I don't like the new Blogger Interface that's taking over soon. Alas, it's being forced on everyone, like it or not, take it or leave it. Low man on the totem pole takes whatever is dished out, whenever they deign to dish it out. Sometimes, you just get whatever dregs are left. Well, I ought to be used to that by now. You probably are, too.

I've been doing fairly steady work for Crazy Ex-Boss Lady, but I haven't found a new actual job. I'm not even getting any worthwhile call-backs. If I'm going to be the freakin' Invisible Woman, it ought to at least work when I need it -- like bad hair days or when muggers and Zombies are on the prowl. Anyway, I've had, I think, two responses from ads I've answered, neither of which I was remotely interested in. I mean, come on, can you see me working in a cemetery office? I don't think so! There may come a time when I am forced to take something -- anything -- no matter how much it sucks. But this ain't that time. Not yet. I wonder if perky 30-year-olds have this same problem? I somehow kind of doubt it. Not that I'm not perky enough, but I saw the far side of 30 a bit of a ways back. Age matters. Damn straight.

My fridge went on the fritz Saturday. It was cool inside it, but far from cold. There's nobody in the management office on weekends so I had to wait 'til Monday to send an SOS, after which the appliance guy came pretty quickly. He had to go buy some kind of part called a "heater" -- who knew refrigerators had heaters? -- and got it fixed. Luckily, I didn't lose anything I had in the refrigerator or freezer. Well, the ice cream in the freezer door did kind of melt a little during the repair process, but then it refroze. It's not pretty but, what the hell, I'm eating it anyway.

I'm not sitting around waiting for the axe to fall. Hell, no! When I'm not doing the everyday minutiae that everybody has to do, and some stuff I do just because I want to, I'm wearing out my Kindle reading one book after another. Zombie Apocalypse novels are my favorite. Go figure. I'm just amazed at the number of free Kindle books Amazon offers, with constantly updated lists to choose from. Some of them aren't edited for crap. But I read 'em anyway -- and am keeping a list of the publishers to see who's hiring editors. No moss growing on my butt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my momma always says
the new blogger interface
is developed by blind zombies
for invisible kittens

nuff said bout that
&
HAPPY HUMP DAY EVE, SERENA JOY!

× × ×

/t.

Skunkfeathers said...

Yes, zombies designed the new Blogger AND FB interfaces. And they're now inourfaces.

puerileuwaite said...

They say you can always tell which way is north, since that is the side of the tree that moss grows on.

I was hoping I could use your butt in a similar manner as a makeshift compass.

Darn. I guess it's back to trees for this wayward Pug.

Serena said...

I think your momma is exactly right, /t. And a Happy Hump Day Eve to you, sir.;)

They are indeed inourfaces, Skunk. I think we ought to sic the Zombie horde on them.;)

Since I have absolutely no sense of direction, Pugsley, I think I'd make a lousy compass. Back to the drawing board... ;)