Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Slightly Intransigent, But No Fever



I may have a case of apathy. It's self-diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. One of my bosses is a senile old troll and the other one has gone into slacker mode, and I don't give a crap any more. And if the clients want to whine about it, I don't care as long as I don't have to listen to it. If I got fired tomorrow, I'd probably grin and drool. If anybody yells at me or wants to sob their life story to me when I'm busy, it goes in one ear and out the other. Is this what they mean by apathy?



I'm not worried in the least about illness, unemployment, or natural disaster. Apathy, probably. I'm slightly concerned about zombies, but not enough to get up off the sofa and take any precautions. Apathy? Hmm -- maybe that one's half apathy and half stupidity.



Sometimes I worry about burglars and car-jackers and maniacal serial killers, but not that much. Got to be apathy. Or the knowledge that nobody wants my car or my stuff.



Or maybe it's just a touch of seasonal affective disorder?



My spirit hasn't even been moved lately by book sales or bake sales or even, God help me, shoe sales. I'm not frivolously spending any money and I'm not even feeling withdrawal pangs. What the hell is wrong with me? And for heaven's sake, is there a cure?

4 comments:

G-Man said...

Sherry...?
Have you tried Square Dancing?
I think you could use some Doe
See Doe-ing!!!

Marion said...

I have the cure, I have the cure for apathy!!!

Tonight is the full moon. Strip naked, go outside and dance under the October Harvest Moon. If that fails, you need a new vibrator. LOL! Feel better soon!!!!! xoxo

puerileuwaite said...

The only cure is more cowbell.

Serena said...

Mr. Gee, I would rather go to my own funeral than go square dancing. Geez! Do I look like Minnie Pearl?:-P

I would for damn sure do that, Marion, except -- it's pouring down rain. If it weren't so chilly, I'd still do it, but pneumonia might add insult to injury. Maybe I'll just opt for the vibrator.:-)

That's all you got, Pugsley? Cowbell? I'll try it, but the damn cowbell had better produce fireworks.;-)