Thursday, September 01, 2011

Today Only: No Ruls



My mind is a vast wasteland today. It's been a hell of a week. Thank heavens it's about to come to a close -- and the long holiday weekend starts. I don't have enough neurons firing to write anything today, but I have been vigilant about collecting Words Gone Wild. I'm not sure I have the wherewithal to define them, but I'm going to give it a whirl. You might want to see what you can do with them, too.



vigilanty justice - This refers to a gianormous lantern around which people sit and keep vigil against the night creatures while they tattle on their neighbors.


ruls - This started out as an ancient alphabet by which people hoped to communicate in writing, but nobody could pronounce any words written in it so they dumped it and switched to runes. We have a hell of a time at my office trying to read the regulations written in, um, ruls, and it's rather comical watching the lawyers throw runes before trying cases.


prety - A mystical archaic mating ritual employing veils and scarves and pink pillows and incense and stuff, which over time devolved into hedonistic orgies in which only celebrities were allowed to participate.


peoiple - Pigs in the oil business.


horriable - A statute which, somewhere in its 732 pages of fine print, combines and outlaws several classes of misdemeanor crimes, e.g., smacking gum in public, adjusting one's clothes in public, standing in doorways, speaking to strangers in cars, walking outside in short shorts and/or tube tops, failure to display visible panty lines in public, practicing law, gambling with insurance brokers, etc. And yes, working for wages is considered a horriable offense under the new legislation.


apparnetly - Condos wired for WiFi.

3 comments:

Marion said...

I had to laugh because I just watched an episode of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey". I love to hear how they mutilate and invent words. One of them said she went into a good smelling room and it 'enveloped' her. She said it like that rectangular paper object we used to use to mail stuff. LOL! Great post. xo

G-Man said...

I'm so very glad that you survived Sherry..
Have a relaxing week-end..Galen

Serena said...

Oh, I love that "housewife's" (and we just KNOW they're real housewives, don't we?) blasfomy. LOL! Have a great weekend,darlin'.xo

Survive, I did. Thanks, Mr. G. You have yourself a nice weekend, too.:)