Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Scent of a Canine

Best Friend Dog


The Big Rain is slowly rolling out of here, but it's still soaking us sporadically. All total, we've had somewhere between 3 and 9 inches of rain, depending on where exactly one was.


My poor dog did not enjoy her outdoor excursions during the downpour. Frankly, neither did I. Still, there was business to be done -- and somebody had to provide the ways and means. That would be me. The poor little thing was not happy about being towel dried and brushed over and over again. Last night, after she got completely drenched, my house just reeked of eau de chien mouillé. It's not my favorite scent, but I love the dog so I put up with it. And besides, that's what room sprays and plug-ins were invented for.


Hey, it's Wednesday already. I love short weeks, never mind that I'm probably wishing my life away. Happy Hump Day.

6 comments:

Marion said...

Those big, beautiful eyes! OMG, she's so precious. Something magical happened here after the big rain left. It took the crippling HEAT and the HUMIDITY. It was a record breaking 51 degrees last night and today it's a totally stoned day if you catch my drift. LOL! I hope the same for you. xo

G-Man said...

Did you get a new dog Sherry?

Serena said...

Oh, no, that's not my dog! Sorry for the confusion. No, that's just a picture I chose to illustrate "wet dog."

It's still raining off and on a little here, Marion, but still cool and feeling totally like Fall.

puerileuwaite said...

Well that sure is a relief. And here I needlessly worried that I would have to put on deodorant for our first date.

Skunkfeathers said...

Good thing you put that belated disclaimer in; your real dog would be looking to (a) kick some ass of the newcomer (b) go into months of pout and/or (c) bring you up before an ASPCA Board of Review for online misrepresentation.

You know how the (b)legal biz is these days ;-)

Serena said...

Um, Pugsley, I think they do make doggie deodorants.;-)

You know it,Skunk. My dog would be highly incensed at the very idea of adding a newcomer. And she would definitely report me to every review board on Earth.:)