Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I Am Thankful

I'm not going to be around for the next couple of days. I have company coming for Thanksgiving, so let me take this opportunity to wish each of you a great Thanksgiving. Eat, drink, and be merry with friends and family. You can walk it off later if you have to.

I am thankfully anticipating a traditional turkey-and-dressing dinner shared in good company. I'm thankful that 2010 is nearly over. I'm thankful that, even though I'm not giddy over it, I have a job when so many don't. I'm thankful that this month's full moon (another Blue Moon, believe it or not) didn't knock me on my butt. I am thankful for good health and an almost whole brain, and I am thankful that I know all of you. Happy Thanksgiving from a green bean named Mercy.





You Are Green Beans



Some people make a big fuss over you, but you're best when you're at your simplest.

You have a fresh, crisp outlook on life. You are lighthearted, and you don't like to be weighed down by anything.

You enjoy being out in nature, and you wish that more people appreciated the simple beauty of a home cooked vegetable.

You are a thoughtful and spiritual person. You wish more people would spend time on Thanksgiving thinking about what they're thankful for.







Your Pilgrim Name Is: Mercy Howland



A pilgrim is a wanderer with purpose.


5 comments:

snowelf said...

I am green beans too.
I know you're surprised.
Really.

;)

Happy Thanksgiving Serena!!

--snow

Marion said...

Happy, Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Southern Princess Pal. I love and appreciate your friendship.

Love & Blessings,

Marion

You Are Mashed Potatoes
You are reliable and steady. People know that they can count on you each year at Thanksgiving, and you are never a disappointment.
While you may seem simple, a lot of work goes in to who you are. You are a bit of an under-appreciated masterpiece.

You are both decadent and indulgent, while still being accessible to the common thing. In some ways you are all things to all people. You get along well with other people, but you're also good all on you're own. The bottom line is that you're easy to love.

quid said...

Happy Thankful Day to you, Serena!

As cornbread, my results are on my blog; once again, you give me food for interesting posts.

Let's hope we both get out of 2010 alive and well and knowing that next year will have to be better for us!

Hugs.

Quid

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HUMP DAY, SERENA JOY!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY
TO YOU & AMERICAN FRIENDS

× × ×

/t.

Serena said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Snow, from your sister green bean.:)

Happy Thanksgiving, Marion. Hope you're having a ball in Chattanooga! There are no princesses like Southern Princesses, and I adore and appreciate you, too, sweetpea (because I am NOT calling you mashed potatoes).:)
xoxo

Amen, Quid! Another month or so and we'll have it licked. And I predict we are going to RULE 2011. Happy Thanksgiving, hon.:)

And a happy belated Hump Day to you, /t. It's been a lovely American Thanksgiving here. I know it's not Thanksgiving there, but I hope you've had a lovely day nonetheless.:)