Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hicks & Squirrels & Such

myspace layouts


It got up to 86 degrees yesterday. I thought it was supposed to be Fall! I never know what to wear when the weather is so crazy -- cold in the morning, hot in the afternoon. The pregnant hillbilly chick across the hall is running around half naked. I don't think I'll be doing that.

The leaves around here are finally starting to change color -- slowly, just a little. I love the tinges of red I'm starting to see. The squirrels and groundhogs are running around like crazy, too; getting ready for Winter, I guess.

Work could have been very hectic yesterday as another woman and I were the only staff working. The other one was home with a sick child. Luckily, we didn't have one of those Manic Mondays, and things went okay. The murder trial is off for now. The Defendant announced at the Eleventh Hour that he was going to plead guilty, and then changed his mind and decided he wants a bench trial. I guess he must have gotten cold feet about what a jury might do. Anyway, that threw a monkeywrench into everything and "continuance" was the word of the day.

It's going to be hot again today. I hope the weather is decent where you are. In any event, have a Terrific Tuesday!





You Are A Happy Pumpkin Face



You would make a good pumpkin cheesecake.


4 comments:

Marion said...

I love your virtual tree. After over 2 full months of drought, we finally got a good shower yesterday and today, but the sun's already back out. Our weather has been eerily similar to yours. But it's only in the 80's in the daytime...not bad after 100 degress summer days! Blessings!

Serena said...

Glad you like the tree, Marion. And so glad you finally got a little rain! I hope it helped.:)

G-Man said...

Y'all got the craziest weather down there Honey-Chile...

Leave the air on...:-)

Serena said...

Tell me about it, G. It can be totally insane. I've worn shorts Christmas shopping before.:-)