Tuesday, August 24, 2010

As The Moon Rises



The full moon is out and about tonight. I'm not running from it, not burrowing in, not ducking out of sight. It can do what it wants. Nothin' I can do about it. I'm not feeling particularly crazed, so I figure I'll be okay. I've been snippy for a few days, though -- which is not to be confused with crazed. I would not be at all averse to tongue-lashing any crazies who dare to cross my path over the next day or two, so I'd say they're the ones who'd better look out.

Scientists say the moon is shrinking. Not that much; it's something like 100 meters in the last billion years. But what would happen if it were to shrink down to the size of a tennis ball? On what would future generations blame Moon Madness?!

Have a good Tuesday and I'll catch up with you tomorrow.

5 comments:

G-Man said...

You Snippy?
For no apparent reason?
Damnable Moon!!
Cheer up Sherry, at least you're not in traction!
You aren't smelling Eau de Skank every day!
The Air works!

Marion said...

My muse, the moonlady, awoke me at 2 a.m. I stepped into her light and danced with her for hours. Sigh. Happy Full Moon!! xoxo

Serena said...

Oh, there's always an apparent reason, Galen. After all, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Or so saith those of a scientific bent. HELL yeah, I'm thankful I'm not in traction or smelling Skank. I could do without the Icelandic air, though.:)

Good for you, Marion. That's the way to deal with the Bright Lady. Enjoy the rest of the full moon!
xoxo

quid said...

What a drop-dead gorgeous photo!
No doubt, I'll sleep through it.


quid

Serena said...

I said I wasn't going to let the bastard get me, Quid, but now I'm wishing I'd slept through it.:)