Wednesday, March 03, 2010

The Week's Best E-Mail

I liked this a lot, and I thank Galen for forwarding it to me -- as long as he's not implying, um, anything by it.


Some of the artists of the 60s are revising their hits, with new lyrics to accommodate aging Baby Boomers who can remember doing the "Limbo" as if it were yesterday.

They include:

Bobby Darin --- Splish, Splash, I Was Havin' A Flash

Herman's Hermits --- Mrs. Brown, You've Got A Lovely Walker

Ringo Starr --- I Get By With A Little Help From Depends

The Bee Gees --- How Can You Mend A Broken Hip?

Roberta Flack --- The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face

Johnny Nash --- I Can't See Clearly Now.

Paul Simon --- Fifty Ways To Lose Your Liver

The Commodores --- Once, Twice, Three Times To The Bathroom

Procol Harem --- A Whiter Shade Of Hair

Leo Sayer --- You Make Me Feel Like Napping

The Temptations --- Papa's Got A Kidney Stone

Abba --- Denture Queen

Tony Orlando --- Knock 3 Times On The Ceiling If You Hear Me Fall

Helen Reddy --- I Am Woman, Hear Me Snore

Leslie Gore --- It's My Procedure, And I'll Cry If I Want To

And Last but NOT least...

Willie Nelson --- On the Commode Again



Happy Wednesday and Happy Hump Day to you all, and a Happy Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho to gnomes and dwarves everywhere.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HUMP DAY,
SERENA JOY!

× × ×

/t.

Mike Minzes said...

I can relate to most of these. God, I feel old lol

Serena said...

And a Happy-Happy to YOU, /t.;)

Hell, I AM old, RealLive.:)

G-Man said...

I'm glad you liked these Sherry!
I'm not implying ANYTHING ya know.
I'm sure you had to Google half these tunes...:-)

Serena said...

By virtue of your last sentence, Galen, all implications, real or imaginary, are hereby forgiven.;)

Skunkfeathers said...

Ah, 'tis a sad day in ChronologyVille, when I not only know all the songs, I can identify with the re-writes ;)

Serena said...

Yeah, I know the feeling, Skunk. Too dang close for comfort.:-)