Saturday, October 07, 2006

Moon Bait



The Bad Moon is here and I was thinking about not leaving the house today. I've already been attacked all week long by its scouts, the Evil Moon Death Squad Rays (Ray, Ray, Jr., Ray, III, etc., etc.), so I know without a doubt that it's out there, just waiting for a chance to catch me and administer the coup de grĂ¢ce. I just know that if I step outside, I'll fall off the front porch. If I make it to the car and start it up, it'll either blow up or pop a tire as I back out of the driveway. If I get as far as the mall, I'd either go to pay for something and find my wallet had been pickpocketed or walk straight into the path of a moon-crazed psycho. Ha!

Actually, I do have to go out. And I'm not really scared -- not of full moons or anything else. I tend to thumb my nose at such subjects of superstition, never mind that some of them smack back sometimes. Now that I've written about it, outed it in public, I think it's running scared. Wimp moon! Ergo, I'm pretty sure the odds are on my side. I'm not worried. In fact, I'm so not worried that I plan to use the ladder today, work with some sharp objects and potent chemicals, and run by not one but two malls. Shoot, I might even walk the dog past the elderly, nearly toothless pit bull's house and dare that sucker to growl at us. Bring it on. Come on, wimpy Death Moon, let's rumble.

From the docket of last night's Night Court, some wild, wild words.

blet buckle - A buckle you don't like; i.e., you look at it and go, "Blet!"

sherpy - A very small Sherpa guide.

productionisation - Making a big production out of ... nothing.

doig - The act of doing something icky underwater.

intrested - When you're trested to do something.

intrueged - Finally finishing up high school in real GED fashion.

alchohol - A vile liquor that chokes you going down the gullet.

youngsterer - Someone even younger than a child.

unsrupullus - When we're riding in a wagon guided by a person with no morals.

inisit - A roundabout way of describing a sit-in.

uswsed - Us got tipsy and got wed in Vegas.

6 comments:

Serena said...

LOL. Just call me Xena.

RainbowDemon1952 said...

You know, Serena, I, too, used to laugh when I heard comments about the full moon, but after having worked with the public in my present job for the last 28 years, I do believe there is some credence to the belief that the full moon does indeed bring out the crazies and some of the weirdest situations one can imagine. I'm now a believer. Call me crazy or whatever, but I swear, that full moon is in control at times.

Serena said...

Oh, it does, RD. Police reports and ER records show that people just go pure-dee crazy under a full moon. Not you and I, of course. LOL.

RainbowDemon1952 said...

Oh no, never happen...RIGHT! I'm just glad I'm on this two week vacation right now...I also know for a fact that with most Alzheimer's patients that when the sun starts to go down late in the day, those poor people tend to start having the worst periods of their day. They call it Sundowner's Syndrome, and I know from personal experience with my Mom that it is indeed a true condtion those poor people go thru. And yes, it's worse on them during the full moon cycle, too.

RainbowDemon1952 said...

another definition of inisit-
A question asked by a drunk during an erotic encounter...

Serena said...

I've heard of Sundowner's, but didn't know full moons exacerbate it. Interesting.

another definition of inisit-
A question asked by a drunk during an erotic encounter...


ROTFLMBO!