Sunday, June 25, 2006

Serenity

There comes a time when one must either fish or cut bait. If one is going to rebel against something, then rebel -- all the way. If, on the other hand, it's not a good week/month/year for a full-fledged rebellion, then the only viable course of action is to open one's mind to whatever the situation is, wrap one's brain around it, and just damn well accept it. Que serĂ¡, serĂ¡.

This is my brain on reality alert. Some things, I can't change. I can either accept that which is making me nuts "as is" and roll with it, or pay it lip service on the outside while raging against it on the inside. It's futile to sit around and bemoan the way you want things to be when you know it's just not going to happen. Not on its own, anyway; and probably not at all. I'm thinking it probably makes more sense to learn to just roll with it until and unless I can change it.

Serenity -- it's not just a word. It really is a way of life, even if it is simply a mindset. But it works -- when you know how to achieve it. And I do, if only I could get my mind back around it.

For one perfect day
Of glittering clarity,
I'd trade a dull year.

Yeah, I have some personal problems going on. Bet you couldn't tell.

No comments: