Friday, June 30, 2006

I Am A Slug

I haven't done squat today and don't feel the least bit guilty about it.

I should be querying my novel -- again; haven't done it.

I should be starting the next novel; haven't done it.

I should stop looking in on certain Web sites; haven't done it. I mean, who can resist the urge to peek at a train wreck? I can't do it.

I should have cleaned my house; didn't do it.

I should at least have rearranged the clutter; can't do it.

I should have smoked fewer cigarettes, eaten fewer cookies; couldn't do it.

I should have taken the dog for a longer walk; didn't do it. In my defense, it was hot. Heat makes me cranky.

I should have made some "duty" phone calls; didn't do it.

I did pay some bills, only because creditors' deadlines scare me. They're the only deadlines that do.

Oh, well; tomorrow is another day. Yeah, I've been meaning to reread GWTW for years now. Haven't done that, either.

No comments: