Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Synchronicity of Things

Do you ever think about the connectedness of things? I do. All the time. Like, if I drive by a fender-bender, I find myself wondering, "If I had left home one minute earlier or one minute later, would this event still have happened?" Or, "If I'd never met X, would X have ever met Y, who went on to meet and terrorize Z?"

Does everything come down to synchronicity? Serendipity? Chance?

Many of the good things that have happened in my life have occurred pretty much solely because I was in the right place at the right time. The same principle can be applied to the bad events, I think -- wrong place, wrong time. It's a wonder I haven't driven myself insane with some of my thoughts. Then again, can anyone prove I haven't?

Today's PublishAmerica word is "B" -- Bully. That PublishAmerica is staffed by bullies is a proven fact. Just ask to see some of the "tone letters" they've sent to their authors for asking relevant, legitimate questions about PA's business practices. In fact, you can see a sampling of some of them here:

http://www.freewebs.com/pozkin/tonetales.htm

Condescending, snarky, and not very professional at all, huh? And yet this is standard operating procedure for this outfit.

No comments: